With the curve flattening in Manitoba, the government announced April 29, 2020 that we may now re-open and we are really excited that we can now see you again in-person!
We have emailed many of you who have email addresses on file with us, and shared updates with those of you following us on Facebook. If you didn’t receive those updates, please contact our office and we can update your information.
To ensure a cautious and safe approach to re-opening our office, Downtown Winnipeg Dental Centre is committed to the following:
- All patients are pre-screened and rescheduled if they exhibit symptoms, may have travelled in the past 14 days, or may have been exposed to the virus.
- We regularly adhere to strict infection control procedures that meet or exceed recommendations by Health Canada, the Canadian Dental Association, and the Manitoba Dental Association and will continue to do so: downtownwinnipegdental.ca/dental-services/infection-control/
- Only patients with scheduled appointments, or their accompanying parent/guardian, may visit our office. This means siblings, friends, or relatives are not allowed to attend with you at your appointment. If you are accompanying another patient, please drop the patient off and wait in the car until the appointment is finished. We will call and update you on the progress of treatment upon request.
- Staff and patients are given information about physical distancing, and we have implemented physical distancing measures throughout our office.
- Employees must stay home when ill with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Entry into our office and reception area is regulated to prevent congestion.
- Patients and people who may attend with patients are screened by telephone before an appointment is booked and are not given an appointment if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance/exit for patient and staff use.
- Patients and people attending with patients must sanitize hands upon entry to facility.
- Cashless or no-contact payment will be used.
We understand the difficulty in balancing work, family and taking care of your health right now. To help, if you have a bothersome tooth we will be doing our best to accommodate same-day dental appointments for the next few months whereby we can examine the area, plan treatment, AND provide the care you need that same day.
We know that the sudden downturn of the economy has affected many Manitobans. As a part of Downtown Winnipeg Dental Centre’s ongoing efforts to give back to our community, we would like to offer a 10% discount on all dental treatments (excluding lab) for frontline healthcare workers between now and June 30, 2020.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Dr. Manuel Resendes